Monday, May 12, 2008

a few updates


For those of you who follow our lives via Weikalpedia, you'll be glad to know that Titus did indeed stop eating his boogers! (What a relief to finally find an incentive for him!) We opted for the Star Wars Legos, specifically Luke Skywalker and his star fighter over the dino Legos. Titus is quite pleased. I am very proud of his self-discipline and very gratified by the additional lesson he learned regarding lying. Hopefully that one will stick around for a long, long time.

I have had some unpaid time off work lately at ADT, which has been very helpful. I guess they are overstaffed on the day shift right now. At any rate, it has allowed me to finish up my three on-line classes with UMKC which I needed for my educator's license renewal. If you aren't aware, I have decided to find a job with the schools and continue seminary studies on the side. I love working with youth as a counselor and teacher and the benefits of a professional salary, weekends and holidays off, and breaks that correspond to Titus' schedule kind of make it a no-brainer.

I had a first interview with North Kansas City Schools last Friday. The first step was a screening interview with one of the Associate Superintendents. Next would be an interview with a building principal. The exciting thing is that the school I am most interested in has an opening for a counselor for next year. It is the most diverse school of the district's four high schools and is located less than two blocks from our house. I'm carrying a lot anxiety and haven't been able to find peace with the process yet. Keep praying for me.

Also last Friday, we all got to have a special pancake breakfast at Titus' school because we attended all of the previous three "Breakfast with Boooks" events. It was a fun morning of visiting with Titus' t-ball coach, watching out for flying pancakes (The guy who cooked them is a world record holding pancake flipper and he would flip them without warning half way across the gym onto random plates.), and a few good books shared with my boy.

No comments: