Sunday, December 16, 2007

things fall apart

A wise woman once reminded me that cars are machines and machines break - plan on it.

Well, that's not all that breaks. Lets add snowblowers, leaf blowers, bed frames, glass on your favorite artwork, Christmas ornaments, sofa legs, furnaces, plumbing, and houses in general due to things like termites for example.

Yep. That's our life this week. And don't forget cars.

Chinua Achebe wrote "Things Fall Apart" about the deterioration of social groups when facing change and stressors and how peace is eroded between others and within ourselves. I was reminded of his book this week mostly due to the title. But then I thought, you know, things do fall apart - they break. Fortunately things can be fixed. It all takes money of course. But really, it will all be OK. This week, in spite of more frustrations with our stuff, I'm content, at peace, and relaxed.

Thanks God for teaching me. I'm glad I can rest in Divine Love -

No comments: