Saturday, December 8, 2007

little dog: round two


So I've had a desire for a little dog for a long time. Caesar is a real dog, as Ray would put it. Dogs are big. Little dogs, the kind that you can carry on one arm and snuggle on your chest during afternoon naps - those are emergency backup dogs, again, as Ray would put it.

Well, I want an emergency back up dog. And after much consideration, we've taken the plunge. About six weeks ago I heard about some pups from my hairstylist - part pomeranian, part schnauzer, part chihuahua - the pups that is, not my hairstylist. Yesterday when I was back for a cut I found out there was one pup left. The owner happens to now work at the salon too and quickly had her brother bring him over.

It was love at first sight. We are trying him out for the weekend and the vote is unanimous. He's a keeper. Welcome Samson to the Weikal clan!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Nancy...I'm a new reader (Emily B. from Trinity) and I've been enjoying your blog. Congratulations on the little dog!

the hancocks said...

Yay! I'm happy for your new puppy; I bet he's so cute. I would love to meet him.

Samson is a great, funny name for him =)

I've been of the same persuasion as Ray most of my life, but my mom now has the sweetest little dog EVER so I'm a convert now. Hers is a Bishon-Schitzu mix; they're calling this new breed Sheeshon. She's fabulous.