Wednesday, August 29, 2007

seeing ADT blue

Today we had our benefits presentation. I am so thankful that God has given me this job. Before you think I'm hanging up ministry - know that I'm called and committed to serving God. I am however, convinced at this point that my role is to be a part of a team with minimal compensation from the church so that the body isn't strained and tithes can go to ministry not just the ministers. So at this point, I do see myself at ADT for a while. Here's why -

Even at my entry level customer service job, I can earn up to $400 per month in bonuses. The company prorates health insurance premiums - the less you make the less you pay. That's justice. Since I'm less than half way through my MDiv, ADT will give me $1000 when I graduate and pay $7500 per year for my tuition. Thanks ADT! As much as I love school, I may just add an MBA and a DMin!

Really, I do like the company - if you want to work for them too, let me know and I'll tell you how. Did I mention that I get money for referring people to the company? (You IT friends are worth $2500 bucks!)

HOUSE UPDATE -
We had our inspections and there were no surprises. A few more plumbing and electrical issues than we could see, but overall a positive report. The inspector is fond of old homes and says this one is outstanding - great craftsmanship, well taken care of until about the last five years, and solid.

We're moving along and plan to close by the end of September. October will be the home improvement month, with a move-in around Halloween.

Later friends.

No comments: