Sunday, September 16, 2007

weekend edition

We're still in a stupor after Iowa's loss to the Cyclones. Painful. I think I'm in for a one-year long underlying bad mood. Why? Anybody but Iowa State!

Today we had lunch with a couple from church, Stephen & Steph. It was great. Steph is an editor for the Nazarene Publishing House. She says they are always looking for writers and encouraged me to submit some stuff. We'll see if I can get that going. Stephen and Ray connected too, although I have no idea what they talked about at lunch - there was something about computers and guitars in there. Anyway, we really had a great time with them and look forward to hanging out with them some more. They offered to help us out with our house and moving, so we're feeling blessed.

I have two more days of training, and then I switch over to my daytime schedule for the next 90 days. I'm looking forward to having dinner with Ray and Titus and generally having my evenings back. BUT I'm not looking forward to 4 am wake ups! I'm praying that I can get a better schedule in three months. Until then, I should become quite healthy, wealthy, and wise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel like something is perverted in the world when Iowa State beats Iowa. It's like reading that animals of different species have mated. There's just something yucky and unnatural about it.

nancy said...

Monte!
That made me laugh so hard! Thanks! I totally agree with you, by the way!