Monday, January 26, 2009

whatsoever community center

So today I met with one of the directors at the Whatsoever Community Center. (The center is in an old school on 12th St, not far from I-435. They have been around nearly 100 years...yes, a century of community based social services.) I had responded to a Craig's List posting for an early childhood teacher working with infants to 18 month olds. I thought it might be a nice way to be around babies. The director had emailed to set up an appointment and suggested that they might have another position for me to consider.

Anyway, the other job is a hybrid of GED teacher (more like case manager/tutor), job skills/computer skills trainer, and ESL teacher. I am so excited about the possibility! I have wanted to work in ESL for a long time, but have never had the right opportunity. Plus the educational and counseling elements are a great fit. I really think I would love working with this team and could put my all of my assets to good use!

I'll be meeting with the executive director and youth services director some time this week. Keep us in your thoughts. It isn't easy being unemployed!

1 comment:

the hancocks said...

I've been thinking about you in this up-in-the-air sort of time. I hope one of those jobs will work out; they all sounds pretty great.