Wednesday, November 12, 2008

kansas city's holiday songbirds

So one of my dear friends, Emily, is music personified. Its just what she does. And one of the cool things she organizes is a holiday season all-girl band called "The Sugar Plums". Tuesday night I was confessing to Emily my jealousy of my friend Mindy who is singing in the band. I received an immediate invitation to join. That was easy.

We'll be doing a lot of rehearsing over the next couple of weeks and even more performing in the month of December. It should be a lot of fun. Nice to be doing something out in the community and extraordinarily nice to be singing again!

Oh, and I should add that all of our proceeds will be going to a very cool non-profit org called Wuqu' Kawoq, which supports indigenous Mayan groups in Guatemala through medical and language work.

Check us out on facebook or myspace...

No comments: