Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Political Confession

Barack Obama


So, I've never really been much for politics. But I've found someone I really believe in. Primarily, I believe in Barack because he has a long history of doing the right things for the right reasons. If you don't know about him, please check him out and consider who he is and how he has lived out his values as a community activist and political leader.

I just started reading "The Soul of Politics" by Jim Wallis. This 13 year old book calls for leadership that gets past partisan interests, political power plays, and pandering to special interest groups. I couldn't help but think of Barack - a man who is leading from his belief in the good that comes only from a political system which is built on values and not dollars.

Recently stats were released that showed the amount of PAC money each candidate had received - Barack Obama has taken $25. (Hillary Clinton, on the other hand has taken over $250,000.) In an age where candidates will do anything to get elected, it seems, (almost anything is probably more fair) it is heartening to see a presidential candidate who will not sell out in order to get the seat of power.

I gotta get to bed.